First steps toward your happiness and improved well being are often difficult and stressful – this doesn’t have to be. We want to make your experience finding the right therapist as easy as possible. Here are three simple steps to getting started:
- Connect with us. You can get in touch with us several ways:
- Call our main line 805-774-1506 ext. 1
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, fill out the contact form on our website
- Phone Intake & Consultation. Our caring and compassionate intake coordinator will schedule an intake consultation with you. During this conversation, we will ask questions about your needs & what is bringing you to therapy at this time. This will help us learn whether New Leaf is the right fit for you and what next steps to take.
- Schedule Your First Session. After initial consultation, our intake coordinator will match you with a therapist who suits your needs and personality and book the date & time of your first in-person meeting.
When you meet with your therapist for the first time, they will hold space for you to share more about what brings you to therapy. At New Leaf, the therapeutic process is collaborative from the very start – we want to empower you and help you determine how and what you’d like to address in therapy. This means your therapist might ask questions to better understand your situation and individual needs. Our therapists encourage you to advocate for your own comfort and will guide you in doing so.
The Treatment Process
Every treatment process looks different and depends on many factors in order to be successful. A “successful” process is largely influenced by goals set at the beginning of therapy, the relationship you develop with your therapist, and your commitment to self-growth. Your therapist is there to help you decide what aspects of your life you’d like to improve or address and then work collaboratively with you in doing so. At New Leaf, we encourage our clients to bring their individuality into the therapeutic process, such as bringing in art, music, role-playing, spirituality, and culture.
Serving residents of Ventura and Los Angeles counties, at New Leaf we want to make your therapeutic experience meaningful and fulfilling. If you have any questions about getting started, please contact us. We look forward to helping you take your first steps toward positive change.